MTT Mission | Objectives
- Promote an awareness and appreciation of Hawke’s Bay’s distinctive natural heritage.
- Preserve Hawke’s Bay’s unique character by the protection of riparian waterways and wetlands.
- Promote the planting of trees, both indigenous and exotic on public and/or private land within Hawke’s Bay.
The project more broadly aims to:
- Improve the river margins by eliminating willow trees and replacing them with indigenous riparian planting.
- Protect and enhance indigenous bush areas.
- Create corridors for wildlife.
- Create additional wetlands and upland game habitat.
- Provide a framework to encourage environmental education.
- Facilitate wider recreational opportunities.